Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chapter Five: Now he gets it.


    I looked outside to see the storm finally ending. Sighing, I padded out from under the tree, getting a better view. Drops were still falling  from the leaves and puddles dotted the ground everywhere. It was a cloudless day now in the pine forest.
   I was going to hunt, but I felt too sick to eat. Like it was wrong. But I sat down in from of the shelter and thought about what I was going to do to get my revenge. How could I, one rouge, stop a whole clan of well-trained warriors? I didn't know. Some part of me didn't want to know, it just wanted me to find Briarpaw.
    I'm too dangerous for her. I don't want her to know or be killed from what I'm about to do.  I reassured  myself. But it was gonna take a lot of that for me to agree. It's not like I could follow her, her scent is long gone. And somehow with that I knew what to do. I needed more cats! Of course! I would gather the rouges. And they would help me defeat the clan once and for all.

                        ~<>~
       Briarpaw, Two Moons later.

   I woke up from a grudging sleep. Another boring day. I thought, plodding outside into the late-greenleaf heat.  At least it's a nice day. With that I just rolled my eyes. Pricking my ears, I listened for prey. But instead I got pawsteps. Cat's pawsteps. And the other rouge's scent that I had gotten used to was stronger than ever. Listening further, I heard whispers that I couldn't make out yet.
       Forgetting about prey, I walked closer to the sound, intent to know what was going on. Should I just walk over there? The other rouges weren't very hostile to anyone outside the clan who wasn't a threat and who didn't want to take their territory. I finally pinpointed the sound when I got close enough, and I realized where it was coming from. The clearing! It was a big round field where no trees grew, just grass. A boulder stood at one side, but no one has claimed it because there wasn't any prey over there. I ran to the clearing until I got to the last layer of trees. Peering though I saw many cats sitting there, talking to each other. From what I heard it didn't really make any sense. They were definitely all rouges from their scent, and I was confused. What are they all doing here? Meeting together like a... a... clan?
     Suddenly a black shape sprung up to the top of the rock, yowling for the cats attention. This must be it. I thought, and climbed up the tree to get a better look.
      After a few heartbeats the rouges fell silent and looked up at the rock, their eyes gleaming as the Black tom began to speak.
    "Attention, All! I have gathered you all today to tell you of my great plan. You see, there is a clan out there who threatens our families and our friends. My own mother was killed by one of them. And I'm sure you have loved ones who's lives were taken without mercy. Don't you want revenge? Well, we can give it to them. If we work together. We have the numbers, and the strength to crush our enemies to the ground like bugs. We can succeed, and once the clan cats are running away with their tails between their legs, the territory can be ours!" He finished, and the cats irrupted in cheers. Briarpaw leaped down when she checked no one was looking, and went into the crowd. The black cat leaped down from the rock and came into the crowd too. A ginger went up to him.
     "Haze, when shall we attack?" she asked.  He smiled, looking at her. "Tommorow at nightfall." he said to the cat. "Swish, pass it on." he said, and she nodded and headed off.
   Haze!?!?  I was utterly speechless. What was he doing here? Where had he been in the last moons? Why couldn't I find him till now? Shaking it off, I headed deeper into the crowd.
   I looked up at  one rouge, a silver tabby. He looked at me. "hey." he said. "Who are you?" the silver tabby asked me. "Briar." I said. "What's your name?" I asked back. "Streak." he said. "Why have you come here? Did the clan take away your family, too?" Streak asked, and I thought for a minute. I had to have a reason here now besides seeing Haze. "Yes, all of my family.. I want to kill every last cat in Flareclan." I said, pretending to look angry and dug my claws into the grass.
   Streak smiled. "Well that's the spirit! Glad to have met you!" He said, and I walked around for a bit. Then I knew what to do. I walked up to Haze.
  "Hi." was all I said, and he looked me over. "Who are you?" he asked after a few heartbeats. "What, you don't remember me." I said, trying to hold off my anger. "I'm... Briar." I said. His eyes brightened. "Oh, it's nice to meet you, Briar." he said, about to turn away. "You..... look like someone I met before." he said suddenly. "Oh, really?" I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "Because we have, Haze. I saved your life!" I exclaimed, then he did a double-take. Now he gets it!
    "B-Briarpaw!"

(That's it FOUR more comments for chapter six!)

4 comments:

  1. <33333!!!! (this is Thunder :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT CHAPTER 6 XD I LOVE IT THE MOST MUAHAHHAHA SORRY GUYS <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA nah jk but dellllll its awesumk i love it its awesm!!! PLZZZZZZZZ MOREEEE BEFORE WE ALL HAVE TO FORCE U TO IN A PADDED THORN BARRIER XD

    ReplyDelete