Monday, September 6, 2010

Chapter Six: That dream where you don't know what to think of it.

      I sighed. "Yes, it's Briarpaw." I snapped, and he flinched, his eyes burning in shame. Not such a fearless leader now? I bit back the retort.
     Haze looked around. "So your here to join us, Briar? Against your own clan?" Haze asked. I growled. "They are not my clan anymore. Not with Grasseyes. I heard he was make deputy." I said with disgust. Haze curled his lip. "That piece of fox-dung!" Haze snarled. "He's going down first." Haze grumbled to himself.
    He looked at me. "Get ready." He said curtly, and this time it was me who flinched. Then Haze just walked out into the crowd. I decided to walk over to Streak.
  
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
                                                   Haze


I walked out into the crowd, and let out a sigh. At least she's here, again. I thought she might've been.... I shook it off immediately, and shuddered. I... hope she doesn't get too hurt in this...  I looked over to see her  talking to Streak, and smiling. I fought down the growl that was rising in my throat.
   She's just.... talking.... I reassured myself. But why does it matter to me? She should be happy... I looked at the moon as it rose high in the sky, and the other rouges started to leave until it was just me in the clearing, and Streak.Streak's eyes flashed with an emotion I didn't recognize, but before I could say something, he turned around and left. My heart felt like it was falling, but I curled up in a tight ball and fell asleep.
                                           ~<>~
   I woke up, but not in the clearing. And I wasn't sure whether or not it was a dream. It smelled of many cats, but no one was there. Or, at least that's what I thought, but then I heard a squeak from behind me and turned to see a small kit sitting there, looking at me. She looked like.... well, me. What was she doing here, all alone?
    "Where's your, erm, parents?" Haze said. The small she-cat looked confused. "What are you talking about, Daddy? Your and mommy are right here." she mewed, and I looked around to see Briar. "B-But-"
was all I said and then I woke up, gasping.
       What.... was that? I didn't know. I sat around the rest of the night, in a daze. I didn't know what to think of it. But somehow, my heart felt lighter, as I looked up to see the sun rising, the last one before everything was going to change.

  _~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
                          Briarpaw


   I looked around to see all the cats milling around in the clearing. At nightfall tonight.. everything is going to change. I thought with pure certainty. I looked for Haze, and I suddenly met his gaze. He padded up to me.
    "Hey, B-Briar." he said with a stammer. I cocked my head. "Why so nervous?" I asked. Haze shuffled his paws. "It's nothing, just glad to have you back here." he said.
   Lying through your teeth, I bet. I thought seethingly, but didn't say anything. But Haze smiled. "Do you want to.... train for the battle with me?" he asked, and I nodded. And so, with that we trained until began to set in the sky.

"Now is the time for battle! We shall attack now!" Haze called from atop the rock, and with that, all the rouges charged toward the Flareclan camp, and wild light in their eyes.

(okay it's kinda short, but yeah the battle is next! Four comments for chapter 7!)




                                

1 comment: