Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chapter Eight: They weren't the ones to blame.

   Burnstar of Flareclan stepped through the circle of his clan-mates until he was nose to nose with me. Next to the clan leader, I looked like skin and bones, with more scars down my flanks then the leader's.
   "What? Didn't think a band of rogues would do it?" I spat. "Well we did. Deal with it." I growled. Burnstar glared at me, waiting for the snickers of the warriors to die down. "You have attacked us in our home. We have captured you. Wasn't planning on that, huh?" he growled. He looked at the clan, who bore scars from the battle, and all the other rogues were gone. I was by himself. I was supposed to get revenge! For my mother! I thought, anguished.  "This filthy rogue has attacked the clan, for what all rogues and enemies clans what. Our territory." Burnstar announced. "What? Can't find somewhere else? There's lots of land!" Spat Burnstar. Outraged, Haze snarled. "It was not for any reasons for myself. I was avenging my mother. Your precious mouse-brains killed her." Grasseyes stepped forward, he looked mad, but underneath that I could see he was enjoying this.
      "She deserved it!" he called, and his followers grunted in agreement. Burnstar's eyes flashed with surprise, but it was gone.
       "I shall give him the proper punishment." Burnstar said, narrowing his eyes. "We will hold him prisoner." he said to the clan, and many cats protested.
       "We should kill him!" "We can't have a killer in our clan, think about our kits!" "But it benefits us as well." said one calm voice that somehow carried itself over the angry shouts. A dark grey tom stepped from the crowd in more of a graceful walk then Burnstar's. White tabby marks covered his face, and no-where else.
       "We can use him for information. Think. We can have advantages over the rouges. And even the other clans!" he said, and the angry yowls turned to content murmurs. I looked him up and down, and he gazed back at me with no hatred in his eyes.
       "Sparrowdapple! What is the meaning of this?" Grasseyes growled. "A medicine cat can speak what he wants if it is Starclan's will and for the good of the clan." Sparrowdapple snapped, showing a bad side of him, but then turned to Burnstar, waiting.
       "Despite what Grasseyes thinks, we will keep him prisoner." I looked at two of the warriors, who walked up and led me away. I still glared at both of them, even if they weren't the ones to blame,  someone was still going to pay. They were leading me right inside the heart of their clan. But what I didn't know, is that I would never come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment